Area Rug Cleaning Manhattan Beach CA
The use of oriental rugs in your home or business is an excellent way to enhance the décor. However, when they need to be cleaned they should only be done by professionals. Otherwise you risk your fine rugs being damaged or destroyed.
The key to cleaning a rug is to understand its construction and delicate fiber material. Hand Woven rugs are each unique and have their own story. Therefore they each require a specialized cleaning process that best address there individual condition.
To properly clean them you should allow about 7 to 10 days for the process to be completed. I would like to share the details of the process with you so you can understand the time frame.
Below are the steps we take to care for your area rug:
- Initial Inspection: Prior to doing any work on your area rug, we carefully inspect your rug to determine the condition. We look for damage inflicted by pets, moths, and other discolorations.
- Pre-wash “Dusting”: We test your rug for colorfastness and adjust our wash process to protect your area rug. We hand dust the rug to remove dirt, dust, and debris. These particulates can wear away at rug fibers if they are not removed.
We then thoroughly vacuum both sides of the rug to remove any more dirt, dust, and debris from the rug fibers.
- Pre treatment: We apply a neutral cleaning solution to your rug to help loosen and remove soil, dirt, and spots. We pay special attention to the back of your area rug and the fringes of the rug, so that every rug fiber receives the deep cleaning it needs.
- Clean Process: Our gentle low moisture cleaning process rinses away the cleaning solution, dirt, and contaminates from your rug fibers, fringes, and backing.
- Grooming & Drying: We groom every rug by setting the pile in the proper direction and gently combing the rug fringes. We dry rugs in an environmentally controlled room, setting different levels of heat, temperature, and airflow tailored to each individual rug.
- Deodorizing: This is an additional step that applies an odor neutralizer to the rug.
- Post-wash Inspection: All rugs must pass final inspection after the cleaning and the drying process is complete. If a second wash is necessary to remove stubborn stains, an area rug will proceed through the process again.
- Final Inspection: Your rug is inspected to our highest standards, so our inspection process is thorough. Your rug is rolled and wrapped in paper and ready for delivery.
Area Rug Care Tips:
Here are some great tips that will help you keep them looking as nice as possible between cleanings:
Rotate them – you want your woven rugs to wear evenly so rotate them about every six months in high traffic areas. Some people can do it only once a year if it doesn’t get stepped on frequently.
Vacuum them – too many people assume that woven carpets are to sensitive for the vacuum cleaner but they aren’t. This will help to keep them clean and it also helps to keep the fibers looking alive so your rug isn’t dull lying there. If you have fringed edges then use the hose part so that the beater bar doesn’t suck that area up and ruin it.
Padding – It is a good idea to add a piece of good quality padding under it. This will also prevent people from slipping as they step onto it.
Clean up – Should there be anything spilled on your oriental rugs you want to clean it up as soon as you can. Here is the process that you will want to follow:
Blot the liquid to absorb as much of it as you can. Avoid rubbing the area as that can lead to staining. Use a damp clean white towel to blot the area and try to get the spot or spill to transfer. Only add enough to take care of the problem as you don’t want to get these types of rugs too wet. Continue to blot it until you get as much of that moisture out as possible. You want to dry it quickly so try to place a fan over it.